Forgetting something is very common especially when it comes to hard copy of any details. If you are in this condition and you had lost windows xp product key then this post is for you. Here in this article we will discuss how to Locate Product Key For Windows XP. So without wasting more time let’s get into the article which consists of two methods to answer your question how to find my windows xp product key in computer.
Method 1 – Find Windows XP Product Key from the Windows XP CD:
- Insert Windows XP cd into a working computer.
- Exit the Autorun introduction and Open “My Computer”
- Right Click on the Windows XP cd-rom drive and select explore.
- Open the USWXP32P_ZX folder.
- Open the sysprep folder.
- Now search and Open unattend.txt
Your CD’s product key is contained within the unattend.txt file. This is windows xp product key location from which you can recover windows xp product key.
Note: On some system disks, USWXP32P_ZX is a hidden folder. If you cannot locate the folder, you may also search for unattend.txt and mark “Search Hidden Files”.
This Method 1 works with some windows xp copies only. If this didn’t works for you then don’t lose hope. We had method 2 available for you which will surely help you to locate product key for windows xp
Method 2 : Find Windows XP Product Key from Windows Registry
If method 1 is not useful for you then you can try this. If you couldn’t locate your product key from the CD or the installation CD is inaccessible, then this option should be of help! This method can decrypt Windows XP product key which is stored in Windows registry. So without wasting more time lets dive in to the steps.
- Firstly, download and install Product Key Finder on your computer.Download Product key finder
- Run the product key finder program and Click on “Start Recovery” button, you will see list of recovery options.
- Choose the “From current system” option, and set back and relax. This program will begin to find and recover your Windows XP product key in few seconds!