If you are looking for the tutorial to Resize Disk Partition without Formatting then This post will help you. Yes it possible to change the size of disk partition without reformatting the computer. Solution Exist will help you to resize your drive partition. You can easily resize dive C or any resize drive in Windows 7 & or Vista. This is helpful to Expand the size of C: Drive without losing data. In this tutorial Solution Exist will use their built in procedure to change the size of the partition. If you have a earlier versions of operating system Windows 95/98 or XP it’s impossible to do this without the use of any commercial partition software. But you can easily resize in windows just you need to Follow the steps below to change the partition using Disk Management.”
Steps to Resize Disk Partition without Formatting
- Firstly Click on Start and Right-click on Computer then click on Manage .
- Click on Disk Management located under Storage.
- You will need to shrink a volume first if there is no unallocated space but if you have any unallocated space you can use it to expand the particular volume.
- To shrink a volume, right-click on a volume then click on Shrink Volume, then adjust the space to
- Now create some unallocated space.
- After adjusting the space, click Shrink to decrease the size of the particular partition
- You can now use that space to increase another partition size.
- To increase pa partition, right-click on the partition you want to increase then click on Extend Volume.
- Here is what you must remember the unallocated space MUST BE contiguous connecting space behind the volume you want to increase or it will not work out or the Extend Volume option will remain greyed out.
This is the simple way to resize Disk Partition without Formatting computer. If you faced any issue then you can use other available software alternative to this windows builtin tool like EaseUs Partition Master Home Edition. It is a free program that allows you to extend partition and manage disk space easily and trouble free. Hope you like Resize Disk Partition without Formatting solution. Use comment section to ask if you had any query.