This is quite often that you allocate some chuck of space to C: drive while formatting computer and later on regret for that decision as allocated space for the C: drive is not prove sufficient. In that case you decide to increase C: drive space. There are two methods to expand c drive one is by formatting and other is Resize Disk Partition without Formatting. We know that you are happy to read that it is possible to extend c drive in windows 10 without software.
Yes, it possible to change the size of the disk partition without reformatting the computer. Solution Exist will help you to resize your drive partition. You can easily resize drive C or any resize drive in Windows 7 & or Vista. This is helpful to Expand the size of C: Drive without losing data. In this tutorial Solution Exist will use their built-in procedure to change the size of the partition. If you have an earlier version of the operating system Windows 95/98 or XP it’s impossible to do this without the use of any commercial partition software. But you can easily resize in windows just you need to follow the steps below to change the partition using Disk Management.”
Steps to Resize Disk Partition without Formatting
- Firstly Click on Start and right-click on Computer then click on “Manage“.
- Click on Disk Management located under Storage.
- You will need to shrink a volume first if there is no unallocated space but if you have any unallocated space you can use it to expand the particular volume.
- To shrink a volume, right-click on a volume then click on Shrink Volume, then adjust the space to create some unallocated space.
- After adjusting the space, click Shrink to decrease the size of the particular partition
- You can now use that space to increase another partition size.
- To increase partition, right-click on the partition you want to increase then click on Extend Volume.
- Here is what you have to pay complete Remember the unallocated space MUST BE contiguous connecting space behind the volume you want to increase or it will not work out or the Extend Volume option will remain greyed out.
That’s it..!! This was the easiest and simplest tutorial on how to increase partition size in windows 10 without formatting.
This is the simple way to resize Disk Partition without Formatting computer. This was the method which can help you to extend c drive in windows 10 without software. If you faced any issue then you can use other available software alternative to this windows built in tool like EaseUs Partition Master Home Edition. It is a free program that allows you to extend partition and manage disk space easily and trouble free. Hope you like Resize Disk Partition without Formatting solution. Use comment section to ask if you had any query.