Whatsapp has been changed drastically and developers keep on adding lots of features in the app like whatsapp stickers. A year back WhatsApp had added a feature by name WhatsApp status. This WhatsApp status is a feature in which users can add WhatsApp stories consisting of image or WhatsApp status videos of 30 sec long. Pretty same as Instagram stories, WhatsApp stories get automatically deleted after 24 hrs of upload time.
This is pretty common that you see several WhatsApp status and WhatsApp status videos everyday uploaded by your WhatsApp contacts. There may be some whatsapp status that you want to do download and save WhatsApp status but in WhatsApp there is no such option available. Solution Exist had previously shared various whatsapp tricks and today in this post solution exist will share with you the solution to download whatsapp status in android phone. There are several methods available to download Whatsapp status in android phone.
Methods to save WhatsApp stories and WhatsApp status videos
Download WhatsApp status videos using file manager
Every android phone comes with a file manager, I am using stock android phone in which I had install Files by Google filemanager to view my internal memory. You can use your file manager installed in your android phone and proceed with the below procedure.
- Firstly open file manager in your android phone
- Now click on setting and find Show hidden file and make the options turn on (Refer below snapshot for detail). If you didn’t find show hidden file option then read method 2.
- Now search and open whatsapp folder and navigate to >> Media >> .statuses
- You will see all the WhatsApp status stories which you had watched of the contacts.
- You can cut and paste to any other folder and these WhatsApp stories will be visible in your gallery.
- In this way, you can download WhatsApp stories using filemanager.
If your inbuilt filemanger doesn’t support show hidden file feature then you need to follow the below tutorial. You need to install filemanager app that will support this show hidden file feature and for that, I will recommend you use file by Google.
# Method 2 Download Whatsapp stories in android phone
- Download and install Files android apk by Google from Google play store.
Files by Google
- After installing it, open files app and click on the Three horizontal lines button placed at the top right corner.
- Click on setting and turn on Show hidden files
- Now in file manager app navigate to whatsapp>> Media >> .statuses
- Here you will see all the WhatsApp status videos which you had watched in the WhatsApp.
- You can copy these download WhatsApp status and paste it into some other folder to make them visible in the phone gallery.
In meantime, you can check blank WhatsApp trick
3# Download WhatsApp Status videos using MX Player on Android – Whatsapp Status saver
We came up with another android app that will allow you to download WhatsApp status and it is none other than MX player. Why I had included MX player in this article as the majority of Android users use MX Player to play videos on android phone. MX player is updated with tons of features and among those WhatsApp status saver is one of those.
Steps to save WhatsApp status using Whatsapp Status saver – MX Player
- Open MX player in android phone. In case you are not using MX player to play videos, download it from below download button.
Download MX Player
- Tap on Horizontal Three lines button placed at the top right corner.
- Tap on Whatsapp status saver option.
- Here you can find all the Whatsapp status that you had viewed on Whatsapp.
- Tap on the download button to save WhatsApp status.
You can only save WhatsApp status which you had viewed. So you need to open and view WhatsApp status in order to save WhatsApp status using MX player.
This is the best way to download WhatsApp status videos on your android phone. Basically, what happens here is when you view any WhatsApp stories, it gets downloaded in .statuses folder present in WhatsApp but as the folder name starts with. (dot) it remains hidden hence it is not reflected in your phone gallery. This method In this way you can download WhatsApp status videos without installing any third-party apps.
This was the simplest way to download Whatsapp status videos without any app as file manager is pre-installed in your android phone. If you had any difficulties to download WhatsApp stories then use the comment section to ask problems, we help you to deal with it. For a faster reply to android or windows problem follow Solution Exist Facebook page and join Android And Windows Errors Solution and ask you problem there.