Steps to Fix can’t Open Task manager / Task manager not opening solution
- Open up C:>WINDOWS>System32 and look for the file named taskmgr.
- Make a copy of taskmgr by first clicking on it to highlight it and then press CTRL+C and then CTRL+V. Once this is done you will have a new file named “taskmgr Copy”.
- Rename “taskmgr – Copy” to iexplore by right-clicking on it and choosing “Rename”
- Double-click on the iexplore file and the task manager will run without being shutdown.
Also Read:- Remove Adware From PC In Just 1 simple Click
Task Manager Not Opening on Windows 10 – Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator in Windows 10
If you are getting error like Task Manager is not responding while opening Task manager in windows 10 then follow the below described steps.
Steps to solve task manager is not responding
- Firsty, open regedit and navigate to the following key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Policies\System
Note – If your system key is not available under policies then you need to create system key. Follow steps from 3 to learn how to create system key.
- Here if you find a registry key DisableTaskMgr, simply delete the key, or set its value to 0.
- Right-click on the Policies and select New > Key.
- Name the key as “System” and press Enter to save the changes.
- Now you had successfully create system key under policies. Now right-click on the empty space present at the right side of the window and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the created DWORD as “DisableTaskMgr” and set its value as 0.
- Save changes and exit. Restart your computer in order for the changes to take place.
Method 3. Using the group editor – How do I fix task manager not opening?
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run application. Type gpedit.msc in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Now navigate to the following path using the navigation pane present at the left side of the screen.
- User Configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Ctrl+Alt+Del Options
- At the right side of the screen, you will see an entry named as “Remove Task Manager”. Double-click it to open its settings.
- Set the setting as Enabled and click on Apply. Now select Not Configured or Disabled and press Apply. The final value is Not Configured/Disabled. We selected Enabled and applied changes to the group policy can overrun any settings done by any external application or malware. Press Ok to save changes and exit. You might need to restart your computer in order for the changes to take place.
This was the simple tutorial on how to Fix can’t Open Task manager these steps will help you if you are unable to open task manager. Task manager not working problem arises because of spywares, so I highly recommend you to use antivirus software and keep the automatic update of antivirus program. Do not wait for your computer to be compromised, download a spyware removal program and antivirus software today and scan your computer. You may like to read – How To Show All Files And Folder Hidden By Virus Using Command Prompt. I personally use Avast antivirus and it is good. If you face any other problem then feel free to use antivirus software.