Error and popups are not new in Android phone especially if you are using a mid-range phone. Today in this article, we are going to learn what is android.process.media has stopped error or unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped and how to fix those errors.
Now every phone works smoothly over some time. As time passed, you started to face some errors like, unfortunately app stopped. It can be Google Play errors or App not installed on Android phone error or Error 927 in the Play Store. If your Android phone is showing an error popup and if it is Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped then you are right place.
Solution Exist in this tutorial will provide you solution to fix this issue very easliy. This Google Play Store error popup will make you irritate so much that it will not allow you to do anything in your Android phone and you will not able to use Google play store to download apps. So without wasting more time, lets procced with the tuturial.
Table of Contents
Why do we get Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped
- Your Google Play service is outdated
- Caches is making conflict and hence resulting in errors
- App preference got changed
How to Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped
There are multiple reasons why you encounter this error and hence solution are also
Method 1 : Restart Android phone
Sometimes, the Android phones started to behave strangely and you will encounter various errors because of those. In that case, all you need to do is just restart your Android phone. Several errors were fixed by restarting Android phone. This is a basic troubleshooting trick that one can follow to fix “Unfortunately, Google Play Service Has Stopped”
Method 2: Update Google Play Services
Updating Google Play Services should fix that popup “Google Play Services has stopped” error. It may be that an older version of Google Play Services is causing a conflict if you have a newer version of Android installed on your device. If you already have the latest version try uninstalling and reinstalling it anyway.
Methods 3: Try switching between mobile data and Wifi connection
This issue might be because of a network error and as you open Google Play Store, you get this the application Google Play Store (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. So after restarting your Android phone try to switch from mobile data to wifi or vice versa and check if your issue is fixed or not.
Method 4: Remove Google Play Services updates
- Firstly Open up Settings and then go to Apps.
- Select Google Play Services From the list.
- Tap on Uninstall updates. Tap on that,
- and then restart your device.
Method 5: Clear the Google Play Services cache
- Go to your device’s Settings menu and look for Apps.
- Select that and then tap on Google Play Services.
- Tap on Force stop, and then on Clear cache.
- Lastly, restart your android phone.
Clearing cache also helped users to fix Google Play services error. So try after completing the clear cache task and check, your problem is fixed.
Method 6: Reset application preferences
- Firstly you need to go to Settings then Apps.
- On the screen listing all of your apps, tap on the 3 dots placed at the top right of the screen.
- Now, tap on Reset app preferences.
- Done…!! restart your phone.
After restarting your android smartphone, open google play store and check if your problem of
Method 7: Remove and re-add your Google account
Many users had reported that their problem of forced stopping android phone is fixed after removing and adding Google acccount in android phone. You can also remove your account and again add the google account in your smartphone. Here are the steps to follow.
- Firstly Open up Settings → Accounts & sync.
- Select Google from the list and tap on the one you use for the Google Play Store.
- As you app on your email address and then if you tap on the 3 dots placed at the top right of the screen
- Tap on Remove account.
- Now reboot android device.
Method 8: Try a factory reset | Fix google play service error
This is sad but if All of above mention solutions didn’t works for you then this is the only solution you are left with. Take a backup of your android device and reset your Android phone. Make sure you backup images videos and other documents. You can upload your files to your Google Drive, this will make the backup process lots easier.
- To factory reset go to settings → Backup & Reset
- Tap on Factory data reset
- Tap on Reset Device
- Enter mobile password / Mobile pattern lock
- And your android device is reset..!!
Now your android phone is reset, unlock your smartphone and check if your issue of fix google play service error is resolved or not.
FAQ (Google Play services keeps stopping)
1. Why does my phone keep saying Google Play Services has stopped?
This error you encounter in your Android phone is usually due to cache and cookies with the google play service app. The easy solution is to clear the cache of the play service apps and check, that your problem will be fixed.
2. My Google Play Store is not working?
There can be various reasons why your google play store is not working. Try to restart your android phone and then switch from mobile data to wifi or vise-versa. This is might be due to a network error.
3. How do I download Google Play services latest apk?
You can update the play service from the Google Play Store but in case, your Google Play is not working or you are not able to download it from the Play Store, you can download it from apk website such as google play services latest apk
This was the whole tutorial on How to fix unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped. This was an easy way to fix this error, try methods one by one and check which method solve Google Play service error. You can also check out Google play store issues solutions like – How To Fix Google Play Store Error 927. . if you faced any problem in following the steps feel free to use the comment section we will help you with that.