Computers and virus shares a special relationship as virus keep on search different modes to get into pc and affect pc with virus to make it malfunctioning. Solution Exist had talked about different virus removal tutorial, malware removal tutorial and remove virus from pendrives like How to remove NEW FOLDER virus.
Today solution exist is posting a tutorial on How to remove AUTORUN virus. If you are here then there is 70% possibility that your pc is infected with autorun.inf virus. We are going to see different methods to remove autorun virus so sit back and start reading the steps and following it.
What is autorun.inf?
Autorun.inf is a text file which gives the removable hard disk and drive AutoPlay and AutoRun functions. To function, autorun.inf file must be located in the root directory of the volume. AutoRun basically automatically launch a program associated with the removable drive which could guide the user through the installation process or any other process.
Can I delete autorun.inf / Can I delete autorun.exe
Yes you can delete autorun.inf file but it will give you error Access denied” or “You need permission to perform this action” error message. So to get the ownership to delete virus from pendrive we need to follow some steps.
Steps to remove How to remove AUTORUN virus using command prompt
In this method, we will delete autorun virus manually without using softwares. For this you need to follow below steps.
- Insert USB drive into your Computer or laptop.
- Navigate to my computer and remember inserted usb drive (Eg. C or D etc)
- Now search for Run in start menu, right click over it and open Run as administrator.
- Type D: and press enter (Here D is my USB drive letter . You have to write your drive letter)
- Now Type attrib -h -s -r -a *.* and press enter. This command will T removes hidden, system, read only and archive attribute from all the files in ‘from the drive.
- Now type del autorun.inf and press enter it will delete the file. You can also manually delete the autorun file.
Note – Sometime when you paste code to delete autorun virus, it will give you error. In that case you need to login into safe mode and then follow above procedure to delete autorun. inf virus.
Now you had successfully delete autorun virus. Now to have a proper registry cleanup and malware check Follow below steps
Download and install two important software
- Run malwarebyte in you computer/laptop which will scan all harmful malware from computer and remove it
- Now run Ccleaner in you PC and click on registry tab and then click on scan for Issue. It will run a scan and show you the list of errors.
- Select all then click on fix selected issues.
Hope you like this tutorial on How to remove AUTORUN virus from you computer and USB. If you had any problem in deleting autorun.inf or autorun.exe virus then feel free to use comment section. If you PC is still infected by viruses then do check out virus removal section and if you are facing trouble due to adwares then read Remove Adware From Computer.