The paid version is also known as the premium version. Now, you can expect the same amount of security for your Android tablet as any other secure computer — protection from malware, virus, phishing, and just about any kind of threat. In fact, the app offers you more — you can trace your Android tablet in case you have lost it.
What does the Lookout Security app do for you?
There is a lot in it for you, depending on whether you are using the free or the premium version. Naturally, the premium version offers more but the free version is not bad either.
What does the free version offer?
The free version offers protection to your Android tablet like any anti-virus suite would do to a personal computer. Additionally, you can trace the tablet in case you misplace it. The version can be downloaded from the android market.
- Complete protection from virus, malware, phishing, Trojans, spyware and similar threats.
- Regular and automatic updates of security features.
- Complete scan of each application you are attempting to download to ensure that it is free from threats.
- Regular scanning of your Android tablet to keep it clean and secure.
- You can schedule scanning according to your convenience — daily or weekly.
- Ability to locate your Android tablet if you have lost it or it is stolen.
- You can locate your tablet on Google Map even if the GPS is turned off.
- Loud sound alarm, even if your phone is in the silent mode.
- Ability to locate your Android tablet just by logging into your account on mylookout.com anywhere.
- Data backup from your Android tablet to the mylookout server and transferring the data to any other phone later.
What does the premium version offer?
The premium version offers all of what free version offers and a lot more. It offers comprehensive protection from unethical usage of your phone data in case it is stolen. The premium version is available at $29.99 per month from mylookout.com.
- Blocking of phishing and malware websites.
- Securing your confidential data on the Android tablet if it is lost or stolen.
- You can wipe confidential data on your Android tablet from a remote location if it is stolen.
- You can block the phone to prevent it from being accessed by others.
- Ability to identify apps and websites which can access your confidential data on the Android tablet.
- Ability to take a backup of all data, contacts and call history records and transfer them to a new device.